Wednesday 25 February 2015

Do It Yourself - Pretty Girls Sew

After learning to cook, I'd highly encourage every girl/lady/woman to learn to sew. It's not always the cheaper route, but it's a good lesson in patience & perseverance and keeps you from sitting in front of the TV on a rainy day. Also, it's a BIG money-saver in the home. You can achieve a whole lot around the house with your sewing skills. Here is a few but the list is inexhaustible:

1. Table clothes
2. Throw pillows and cushions (They can completely transform a room in just a matter of hours)
3. Curtains (It's just a straight line)
4. Tote shopping bag, cosmetic bag, purse and organizers
5. Bedsheets and Pillow cases (Now you can customize)
6. Slipcover
7. Duvet
8. Apron and oven mitt
9. Sweatshirt and cardigan
10. Umbrella (I know you'd be surprise)

Did i mention that i can hand-sew a great deal? Well, let me hear from you......what other thing can you make around the house with your sewing skill?


#Notetoself  - Go and buy a sewing machine!

12 comments:

Adaezenwa said...

Learning to sew is high on my list of activities for this year. Hopefully by December I'd be sewing.

Nkem Offonabo said...

Way to go girl! There's a lot you can achieve in the house with your sewing skills aside making your stylish clothes *wink*

Unknown said...

I must buy a sewing machine dis year as its a necessity. u can mend ur cloth quickly with stress

Nkem Offonabo said...

*throwing my hands up in agreement* How have you been dear? Please don't be a stranger here!

Anonymous said...

I was actually learning but I stopped mid-way, I don't think I have passion for it.

Bolateethole.blogspot.com

Nkem Offonabo said...

Hey darl, it's OK if you don't have passion for it. I need it for some household decor like making my throw pillows which is very easy to make or even mending clothes.

Unknown said...

Sewing is a necessity for me. Would definitely learn how to because I'm a creative person.

Nkem Offonabo said...

Way to go darling!

Nwamaka Onyekachi said...

I've missed this place sha.

*waves* Hello Nkem!

Nkem Offonabo said...

*waves back* Hey darling. Thanks for stopping by. How do u do?

001 said...

I totally agree. I started at some point but stopped ,cos I got very busy. It's still very much on my to do.

001 said...

I totally agree. I started at some point but stopped ,cos I got very busy. It's still very much on my to do.

Post a Comment

My posts aren't complete without your comments, I read and I love 'em.....Be sure to get a response from me