Friday 4 September 2015

One Year of Blogging + Lessons Learnt


Yes! You and I did it and together we can say "HomeWorth Interiors Blog" is ONE YEAR. Woooppp!

Honestly, I never knew my blog would come this far (I'm sure you perceived that from the tone of my writing) while i wrote my first post on September 4, 2014.

People have different goals for starting a blog; it's either to make money, improve their writing skill, have a voice out there, promote a business or passion and with different goals comes different expectations and measurement of success. Mine was to promote the business, HomeWorth Interiors

I wouldn't say i've succeeded in the goals i set out for this blog, that would rather amount to blasphemy! I have my highs and lows but I am only excited you could tell, that i made it thus far amidst the stress of a day job, a busy weekend and a family to cater for. I am not here to give tips or any of it's kind on how i got here but to share lessons i have learnt in this one year of blogging while i work on improving myself, the blog and becoming a brand name: 

Blogging is indeed hard work and with hard work comes commitment and tenacity. It doesn't matter if you have to stay up late in the night or skip an outing to finish a post. Do not forget that a lot of bloggers have families and a day job or studies which has to come first before blogging but hey! you cannot afford to throw in the towel just now! You have to set a goal and work towards achieving it. I would confess that most times, my house affairs as well as my day job suffers just for me to work on a project, write a post and put it out here but I am working on a perfect time management. 

Blogging inspires some great posts and projects. If you have never come to a point in your blog life where you run out of things to say or write, just raise your hands! *looking around in awe* Surprisingly blogging inspires you to do some creative and fun things and the next thing you are saying "This will be a great post to share on the blog" Who is with me on this? So as a blogger, i have learnt to embrace every space, project, event, activity or experience, you never know what great blog post that will come out of it and because i love you guys, i'd love to share.

Blogging helps build friendship and what would you do without your blog community? If you really want to get your blog out there, you need to develop some pretty meaningful relationships with bloggers in your niche. Unfortunately we don't have much of design and decor bloggers in my locality but i am most grateful to fellow bloggers who appreciate my uniqueness (I love you guys). One of my many plans in the coming years will be to incorporate my other interests unto this blog and with that grow my connection and community. Did i mention guest posting (I did one for chizzysignatureblog and the result was priceless). This is another great way of building friendships and growing traffic so I am officially open for guest posts! 

Blogging frequently is your way to success. I am not promising that i will blog daily (though i'd love to) but I will blog as frequently as once in a week (LOL). I'd love to do more of decor project posts because i have noticed it generates the highest traffic and comments (we are visual beings aren't we?) and what exactly will i be blabbing blogging about if i don't have pictures to show for it? With that, i will be incorporating more of DIY, home tours and lifestyle series to increase the traffic here.

Blogging is a career if you want to make one out of it. Just because you aren't making the big bucks or hitting the right endorsement/contract now doesn't mean you should drop it and find another career. Just like your job, you need to develop your skills, improve on them and keep pushing forward. I am at a time in my life that i am looking at studying blogging like i would study for a course. There is never a dull moment in this sphere! rather there is always a blog to read, a comment to put down and something to share.

Blogging made it all the while fun and here's to many years of blogging!

Thank you dear readers and clients for making this journey a beautiful one

34 comments:

Niyi Daramola said...

Wow... thank God
Happy for you
Bigger businesses to come IJN

Nkem Offonabo said...

Hey Niyi, Thanks a lot. This is really appreciated

Unknown said...

Nicely written... Well done. The next one year would be even more amazing... That's what I know for sure. Happy Annivesary!!!

Nkem Offonabo said...

Awwwww Thanks May, you are darling always
Thanks fro your continued support

Anonymous said...

Nice one dear and well done. You will continue to excel in Jesus name. Cheers to one year of blogging ��������❤️

Trendy Mother said...

Eem-hhhh congratulobia to our one year old blogger and super excited interior decor!

I will not speak of ur 'sins' today, know my home is still waiting. *winks*

Nkem Offonabo said...

Thanks Anon and a big AMEN

Nkem Offonabo said...

hehehehe@Trendymother
You are the one delaying the project ooooo

Unknown said...

nice...keep it up dear..

Nkem Offonabo said...

Thanks Ehi, I appreciate

Sweetdee said...

Congrats Nkem,cheers to the new year

Nkem Offonabo said...

Thanks Sweet Dee. It's sweet of you to stop by *wink*

Lohla's Melange said...

Yaaay HWB is a year already!!! Congrats gurl. More ease to your writing pen and projects via this blog Amen!

Nkem Offonabo said...

It is dear! I'm amazed how time flies. oh! Amen to your prayers

Michelle said...

Congrats on one year of blogging! That is so exciting! I totally agree - it is hard work, but worth it if it is something you enjoy :)

michellespaige.com

Nkem Offonabo said...

It is worth it Michelle. Thanks for stopping by

Chizoba Okoroji said...

Congrats on your 1st year on the blog and for sharing lessons learn. I appreciate the mention. Thank you.

Nkem Offonabo said...

Thanks Chizoba for being a part of the community

Unknown said...

My Blog aunty is celebrating...dooo ooo! I can only be God that has brought you thus far... May God make you bigger. I am so happy for your achievement.

Cheers to you and many happy returns.

Nkem Offonabo said...

Ha Ha @blog aunty. Thanks Ugo. It can only be God

Lola said...

Another milestone. More to come...oya get to work we must celebrate 20 grand years of blogging ;-)
We love what you do so biko don't stop.

Anonymous said...

I took my time to digest all this. You nailed it.I will say blogging is hard work. Congrats on your first anniversary,More traffic to your blog. No writers block for you. More business and contracts to come your way .

Bolateethole.blogspot.com

Nkem Offonabo said...

Thanks Oyin. We shall celebrate many more years

Nkem Offonabo said...

Amen @Bola. Thanks a lot

Stephanie Faris said...

I think the biggest benefit to blogging is that it helps build friendships! Happy blogiversary.

Nkem Offonabo said...

You got it right there. Thanks Steph!

Unknown said...

Awww...congrats.

Nkem Offonabo said...

Thanks Mma

001 said...

Congrats!!

Nkem Offonabo said...

Thanks Tamie

Nedoux said...

Hello Nkem,

Congrats on hitting the one year milestone! You are doing a great job!

I love the new look of the blog, looks like fresh wall-paper :-)

I agree with you, blogging is hard work, it inspires creativity and helps one to build a network of virtual friends.

Warm regards...

Nkem Offonabo said...

Hahaha@fresh wallpaper. To be honest, i still have jitters when i want to post and i keep wondering; "Is this post good for my readers" but your coming here often encourages me. Thanks for the kind words.

Nwamaka Onyekachi said...

Awesome! E no easyyyy! Cobgratulations on your first blogiversary. May your dreams come true for you. :)

Uthman Saheed said...

wow! that's great. congratulations. honestly, not really easy. it takes efforts to make it to this level.

Post a Comment

My posts aren't complete without your comments, I read and I love 'em.....Be sure to get a response from me