Friday 11 September 2015

Let's Talk Decor: Wooden Wall Shelves

Hello Homeowners,
Yay! The weekend is here! Who is excited?
Here comes another post on "Let's Talk Decor" where i show you a particular decor accessory and how you can transform your home with it. I wrote the first post on this series here where i talked about Wallpapers and it was very much appreciated by homeowners. Today, lets talk wooden wall shelves

Wooden Wall Shelves also known as a counter, ledge, mantel or rack is a storage item used in a home, office or elsewhere to hold items of value that are being displayed, stored, or offered for sale. It is raised off the ground and usually anchored/supported on its shorter length sides by brackets. It can also be held up by columns or pillars. A shelf can be attached to a wall or other vertical surface, be suspended from a ceiling, be a part of a free-standing frame unit, or it can be part of a piece of furniture such as a cabinet, bookcase, entertainment center, some headboards, and so on. Usually two to six shelves make up a unit, each shelf being attached perpendicularly to the vertical or diagonal supports and positioned parallel. Depending on the color theme of your home, wall shelves could come in different colors from brown, black, white, etc:

Source
How do you create a sophisticated design for your home with this decor item? Check out the makeover post here where i decorated a client's living room with the 5piece wooden shelves.
All you need do is to adorn the shelves with decorative pieces like vases, picture frames, scented candles, diffusers, books, arts or DIY objects. See more pictures below for inspiration:








Which is your favorite or share more inspiration with me

PS: I am making smoothie and seeing a late-night movie. What are you up to this weekend?

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Kemmy, can't wait to see the plans you have for our new store ... Looking forward to the Display shelves. Loving the lighting in Pic 4

Nkem Offonabo said...

I can't wait too darling.

Unknown said...

Very classy, gives your space a matured look.
I love the concepts and I am sure you can come up with different other creative styles.

Cheers! ...and have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

my living room is not spacious for this.what a pity, they are beautiful,they add class to a room,
i think i will visit a friend this weekend*thinking*

bolateethole.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

The last shelves are so beautiful but it will require a lot of space. Living what you do here. I will holla you when am ready for makeover.

Beinspiredandlive.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

*loving.

Nkem Offonabo said...

Hey Ugo, yea, there are so many ways to creating a wow effect with shelves. Thanks and have a beautiful weekend

Nkem Offonabo said...

Hey Bola which friend are you visiting. Let me tag along LOL
For the shelves, you don't need a lot of wall space

001 said...

Love the last pic!!
There is this arty look it gives the room.
Nice.

Nkem Offonabo said...

Miriam, thanks for your kind words. I'll be very much glad to work with you
Thanks for stopping by

Nkem Offonabo said...

Yes I agree with you Tamie
Hope you had a great weekend?

Nedoux said...

I quite like the idea of minimalism and so I'm partial to the first and the third shelves. They exude neatness :-)

Nkem Offonabo said...

Hey Nedu, Good to have you here. I quite agree with you on the minimalism. I seem to have a preference to the 3rd shelves too

Unknown said...

The 4th pic is my fave

Nma's Blog 

Nkem Offonabo said...

Yea, it's really lovely. How are you Nma?

Unknown said...

That first one especially is too nice! I've always loved this wooden wall shelves thing but I've mostly been thinking about it for my room. Works great for sitting room too!
Love this post

www.cassiedaves.com

Nkem Offonabo said...

Yea Cassie visits. So When am I getting one for you?

Post a Comment

My posts aren't complete without your comments, I read and I love 'em.....Be sure to get a response from me