Friday 24 July 2015

The Versatile Blogger Award


The Versatile Blogger Award is one of the best in blogosphere. Yes i had to go read up about VBA and why i am honored with this award; what i found gladdens my heart. The VBA acknowledges individual bloggers for their quality work. This covers the quality of writing, uniqueness of the subjects covered and the quality of the photographs presented and this award is given to those who bring something special into the life of their readers (really, do i?). 

The Rules....

  • Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.
  • Share 7 things about yourself.
  •   Pass this award to 15 recently discovered blogs you enjoy reading.
  •   Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award  (This i think most bloggers don't)
The Versatile Blogger Award was given to me by EgwumbaUP. I am greatly honored I must say, to accept this lovely gesture. EgwumbaUP popularly known as Ugo is one blogger i look forward to having in my space. His blog is a site i also enjoy reading as he shares experiences and opinions about his world in very sincere and witty ways. So in fulfilling rule one, this is me saying a big thank you to Ugo for recognizing my work.

7 Things About Me:
  • I am a Jesus Lover. You can't take that away from me
  • I am proudly Nigerian, from the eastern part (Enugu State precisely and married in Anambra State) 
  • I speak Igbo (not Ibo) and English fluently. I wish i could speak French (Is it too late to learn?)
  • I am independent. I love to take care of myself and others but i feel greatly loved when you show me kindness without my asking. My independent spirit brought me to Lagos to hustle make a living after school as against my father's plea to stay back home and earn monthly stipend from him pending when i get a job. I would like to think that my stubbornness (in my father's voice) paid off
  • I am strong willed, people who can't handle it say i am stubborn *tongue out* and this tenaciousness lies beneath a calm demeanor 
  • I talk in my sleep. Yes i do, you need to sleep beside me to know that
  • I love HOT food. I mean steaming hot. I need to see the steam coming out and that makes the food inviting. You can't catch me eating cold food

These bloggers gets my nomination: 
  •  Shannon Claire All things decor, DIY, fashion and travel. Her blog is all that i want mine to be and many more (if you read up my full profile, you will reckon)
  • The Diary of a Trendy Mother Let's face it, this blog is great for moms and moms-to-be. Go read, learn and laugh at the joys, challenges, experience and opinions of a busy mom
  • Mindplosive When it's all fiction and fun, i run to this blog to catch some. She calls herself my blog crush so, the feeling is mutual
  • About Life and Love Here is Lux's world, where she shares about life, love and everything that her crazy mind could possibly think of
  • Blushes n Dimples Check out her blog for all your makeup and neck accessories. She's got the midas touch
  • Blogorati  This bearded young man blogs about poetry, music and lots of inspiration for your day, week and life generally. I see him on every blog and i wonder how he does it
  • Adaeze Writes I just stumbled on this creative blog and i must tell you, my sister is good!
  • Heart Rays Amaka is a pod-caster, voice-over artiste and an inspirational speaker. I don't always visit her blog but when i do, i stay for long
  •  TibsTellTales Geez! This woman can blog about anything and everything and she is damn engaging.
  • Color and Grace Sometimes i think God is partial. If you are a fashion and lifestyle lover, bookmark her blog for updates
Whew! This isn't an easy task, please make do with 10blogs. And that been said, make your world more beautiful one room at a time while i go buzz the nominees.
TGIF

24 comments:

Unknown said...

...and I am back in your space again *SmileS* So you sleep and talk, I can imagine ...lmao.

I love the way you went on answering the questions... Congratulations!
You skipped my question of the day o... Did you forget? "Why did you start blogging?"

I love that you are strong will, that's a recipie for greatness...

Nkem Offonabo said...

Yay! Ugo is back! Yes o I talk in my sleep and whenever I ask my bedmate to repeat what I said, it goes like "nothing makes sense, it's just a jibble of phrases"
Well, I'm yet to understand the psychology behind that.
Oh really? I didn't see that part of question of the day. Ok, I started blogging primarily because of my business, I saw it as a good platform to showcase my interest and what I do. I would say that 70% of patronage comes from the online presence. Hope I'm free from more questions?
Lastly, thanks for the kind compliment

Unknown said...

70%? That's great... So it really works: online marketing. Thanks for finally answering and for the insight.

My brother talks atimes too, but unlike yours, his makes perfect sense... the only problem is relating it with reality.

Yaa, you are free from further questions at least for now...lol.
Have a lovely weekend.

Adaeze Writes said...

Thank you so much Nkem for the nomination! I'm sure that we are really sisters because I talk in my sleep too. God bless you.

Nkem Offonabo said...

Yes Ugo, online marketing works. And thank God, I'm not the only one that talks in their sleep
Thanks once again

Nkem Offonabo said...

Are you for real Adaeze? Thanks to blogsphere! I've found my long lost sister! We can write a post on "sleep talking" since the act is mutual
Well done Sis, you are doing a great job

Oyinlola Sobowale said...

Awwww...*that's all I seem to say these days on your blog because it's what you make me feel* Thank you' I feel honoured. Now that I know what draws you to my space, I shall do more fun & fiction *winks*

Nkem Offonabo said...

Kisses@Oyin. I want more fun and fiction.

Nwamaka Onyekachi said...

Awww. . . *teary eyes* Am I really qualified for this? Thanks for the nomination, Nkem.

You are a rare gem!

Nkem Offonabo said...

Thanks for thanking me. I am waiting for your post on this

Lohla's Melange said...

Congrats on your award my sister in hot food business. Honestly I don't know how people eat cold food, I just don't get it.

Nkem Offonabo said...

LMAO@hot food business. Thanks my dearest Lohla

Anonymous said...

Hello Nkem,

Congratulations on your VB award, well-deserved!

I am glad I found your blog :-)

Nkem Offonabo said...

Yaaay! She visits, the gesture is greatly appreciated
Thank you

Grace Liang said...

I just came back from my vacation and trying to catch up my blog works. I am so happy to see my name is on the list! Yay! Thank you so much for thinking of me and it is so nice to know more of you! I will probably do a post about this award next week.
Thank you so much again and talk to you later!

Grace
http://colorandgrace.com 

Nkem Offonabo said...

Welcome back from your vacation as I look forward to reading your post on this. Talk later
Cheers

Linda said...

Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada, and God bless you. Even though I don't accept awards on my blog, I am always happy to see people receive them, and there are many wonderful blogs out there. :) You have a lovely blog!

Nkem Offonabo said...

Thank you Linda for the visit. It is very much appreciated and thanks for your kind words. I never saw the award coming so it's welcomed

Lux G. said...

Congrats to a well deserved award.

Nkem Offonabo said...

Thanks Lux

Nwamaka Onyekachi said...

HI Nkem, I have carried out the assignment you gave me. The post is up. :D

Versatile Blogger Award

Nkem Offonabo said...

Yaaayyyy! Hitting onto your space now

Unknown said...

Thank you for checking out my blog Nkem. Your comment is really encouraging. Being a Jesus lover is the coolest thing in the whole wide world :)

Nkem Offonabo said...

Thanks David. And yeah you can say that again! Being a Jesus lover is the coolest thing ever!

Post a Comment

My posts aren't complete without your comments, I read and I love 'em.....Be sure to get a response from me