Friday 19 February 2016

Ooppss! I did it again

Hello Fashionistas,

This weekend is yours! We're talking fashion and style today.

Before that, let me tell you a little something about me. "I was that very quiet, withdrawn little girl who enjoyed her privacy and still do. In those alone moments of mine, i draw (yea, it's one of my childhood past times) until i got discouraged by no other than my dad (he's not reading this i'm sure). That's the reason i never took my innate drawing talent any serious rather i took to daydreaming...Lol
In my uni days, i picked it up and started making sketches of clothes on a paper. I actually had a fashion look-book until i dropped it again. Blame it on me this time...

The best encouragement i got with my sketching was from @seunZ avoiR and @NOD (they are great designers, please follow them on Instagram) when i did the sketch below. Seun suggested i go into fashion illustration and make some bucks. Mehn! I had to hit Google immediately to understand what she was talking about (no shame please) while NOD designed the coral floral dress that i wore to my cousin's wedding. The brooch part was omitted  but i can always accessorize with one.




I did it again! Yes, I recently sketched the jumpsuit below while explaining to NOD, the style for the new fabrics i got. We don't have the finished work yet but trust me to rock it and share it.

If you are following me on Facebook or Instagram, i had asked that you guess which is the back of the jumpsuit and which is the front.



Wondering what "Fashion Illustration" is all about?

"Fashion Illustration is the communication of fashion that originates with illustrationdrawing and painting. It is usually commissioned for reproduction in fashion magazines as one part of an editorial feature or for the purpose of advertising and promoting fashion makers, fashion boutiques and department stores"" ----- According to Wikipedia. See more here

I'm then calling on all my fashionistas tagging; Nedoux and Cassie...... 

Tell me what you think about my "fashion illustrator" ...in the making skill and other professional advise you can offer.

So until my next style post, do have yourself a stylish weekend!!!

12 comments:

tamie said...

I can't draw to save my village.
Love the sketches...especially jumpsuit! lemmi go find ya on IG.

Anonymous said...

Sister you keep improving. Keep soaring. www.wakanaija.com

Nkem Offonabo said...

Hehehehe seriously laughing at "cant draw to save your village" Tamie ooooo!
Pls hit me up on IG but I'm as boring as....
Thanks dear

Nkem Offonabo said...

Thanks my brother! I'm following after you

Unknown said...

Hi Nkem, lovely designs Good to know your are on IG now. Will check it out, so I can get more styles for my trads.
Well done and keep moving.
Lots of love
Ugodia
Www.lovelyskinandbody.com
Lovely_skindbdy

Nkem Offonabo said...

Ugodia, pls follow the two designers as well for style inspiration.
Thanks for stoking by. XOXO

Lexhansplace said...

nice dress.

lexhansplace.com

Nkem Offonabo said...

Thanks Lex

Anonymous said...

You are creative, I love the jumpsuit, probably I might steal the style.

*wink wink *
The victim is the back while the canoe neck is the front

Www.bolatitoblog.com

Nkem Offonabo said...

Thanks Bola for stealing my style lol

Adaeze Writes said...

I love your style above, very simple, classy and fun. I draw alot, I actually had to chose between pursuing fine arts or focusing on my writing. Thank God, I chose writing though. I used to draw my clothes designs till one day I drew one and when the tailor finished, I couldn't believe it! I didn't wear that dress more than twice. You really do have talent and you should do the fashion illustration thing more often. I read Nedoux blog and she's so talented at making clothes.

Nkem Offonabo said...

When I say you are my blood sister I joke not. We both talk in our sleep, we both have writing and drawing interest, what else is missing? Lol
I intend to improve on my creative art skills in the nearest future
And yes Nedoux is talented!

Post a Comment

My posts aren't complete without your comments, I read and I love 'em.....Be sure to get a response from me