Friday 31 October 2014

It's Weekend again! Let's get to the Kitchen!


Hello Homeowners, I would say this is a continuation of my post "10 Must Haves in the Kitchen" but with a twist. Ok? If you missed the post, click here. Today, let’s look at how to keep that kitchen clean and healthy. It’s not enough to have a beautiful kitchen that breeds of the ‘unspoken’ we should ensure our home and family is safe!

Did you know that the kitchen is not just for the convenience of healthy cooking? More than that, keeping a kitchen clean is an important factor for the health of your family you know! With a clean and healthy kitchen, the cooking process will be all the way fun!

How much air circulation does your kitchen get? Dirty air or odors generated in the kitchen during the cooking process need to be taken out and replaced with clean air to avoid the growth of mold and mildew. For those of you who do not have adequate air layout in your kitchen, you can use the exhaust fan to help suck up air and pull the oil in the space. However, do not forget to clean the exhaust fan regularly to keep it functioning optimally.

Ensure sufficient sunlight in the kitchen, with sufficient natural light, the seeds of bacteria and nuisance animals such as cockroaches, rats, and so on can be avoided.

To maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen, make sure you always clean up the kitchen from impurities such as oil splashes or spills after cooking! If you leave it, this dirt can stick in your kitchen and cause the unpleasant aroma or bacteria that are harmful to health.
*Warning* Do not leave the dishes over night, i'm sure you do not want to turn your kitchen to a den of those tiny irritating cockroaches and ants that will not wait for a second to embarrass you before your guests eewwww! In addition, the kitchen waste should be disposed of each day so as to avoid the potential for growth of bacteria and fungi.

What about those storage and compartments? When was the last time you cleaned up your fridges and freezers? Let's open them up this weekend for a thorough cleaning and re-arrangement.

I would also advise you get those irresistible fragrances such as diffusers, scented candles and keep in strategic location in the kitchen for that romantic aroma and feel. Your Kitchen, Your Palace!

Did I make sense? If yes, then do a check and be sure your kitchen is a healthy one? If not, let’s go back to the above tips! I'm sure you will fall in love with your kitchen all over again!

Beautiful home! Healthy Kitchen! Cooking is more fun!

Photo credit: Google

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice one mami....my kitchen is sooooo friggin' neat...you could almost think that I don't cook in it....and **whispering** Kitchen cleaning is not my thing...buh I try when I can...hehe

Nkem Offonabo said...

Thanks Tibs! When are u inviting me for a meal? Just don't tell me cooking is not your things *frowning face*

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for a way to deal with those small ant, irrespective of my clean kitchen they keep flying around. So annoying.
N.B, I do not keep dirty dishes till the next day
Probably the kitchen waste, I should move it out. I think that's the "causer" lolz

Nkem Offonabo said...

Hi Bolatito, I'll suggest you get those waste nylon and ensure they're tied up and tucked away even if you don't dispose of them everyday

Post a Comment

My posts aren't complete without your comments, I read and I love 'em.....Be sure to get a response from me